Our fees cover all of the work required to complete your remortgage, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Conveyancer's fees and disbursements
- Legal Fees £450 plus VAT
- Electronic money transfer fee £30 plus VAT per transfer
- Mortgage Administration Fee (where charged by your lender) - £10 plus VAT
We do not pay Referral fees for our work
Our fees are based on the following assumptions:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including (but not limited to) a transfer of equity or a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- that the property is registered
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional third party costs may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Third Party Costs
We handle the payment of third party costs on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Search fees £285-£300 inclusive of VAT (if required by your lender) (Price may vary according to plot size)
- Land Registry Official Search of Title - £3 each
- Bankruptcy Searches - £2 per person
- Official Copies of Register of Title and Plan (Leasehold) - £6
- Official Copies of Register of Title and Plan (Freehold) - £6
- Documents referred to in Register e.g. Lease (where applicable) - £3 each
- Notice of Charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £75 - £150 plus VAT.*
- HM Land Registry fee – Dependent on property value please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees#scale-2-fees
How long will my remortgage take?
How long it will take from receipt of your instructions until your new mortgage is completed will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 4 -6 weeks.
It can be quicker depending on when we receive your mortgage offer from your lender.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in a remortgage vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain redemption statement from your existing lender
- Carry out title check and searches if required by your lender
- Receive mortgage offer
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Send mortgage deed to you for signature
- Agree completion date
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete remortgage
- Pay off existing mortgages
- Account to you for any balance
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Mosshaselhurst Solicitors has been established in Cheshire for over 110 years and our property team has a combined total of almost 100 years experience between them. With offices located in Northwich and Winsford, our team has developed an excellent reputation for their expertise and local knowledge. When coupled with our market leading case management technology we are able to offer unrivalled customer service and keep clients well informed and supported throughout each transaction.
Our professionalism is underpinned by our accreditation to the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) and Lexcel Quality standard meaning all clients can be assured of our quality and integrity. We have also been shortlisted for Property Team of the Year at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards two years on the run celebrating our innovation and good practice.
We look after a wide range of clients from first time buyers to property investors across the whole country and we keep clients informed with telephone and e-mail updates throughout the whole legal process. We regularly liaise with estate agents and brokers to ensure the chain is fully informed and the matter can run smoothly. All clients are always welcome to call in to our offices to discuss their matter face to face. Our Northwich office opens from 8am-7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we can assist clients outside of normal office hours and are always available when needed.
Our clients are delighted by the service provided by mosshaselhurst. In fact the vast majority of our work hails from existing clients who value our excellent communication, competitive fee structure and reassuring, friendly manner. Here is an example of some of our excellent feedback:
- Just want to say thanks for the high level of service we have had. To note specifics, going through the reports and deeds in the level of detail you have and also with how quick the responses have been via email.
- I was a first time buyer unsure of how the process worked and Rebecca was a massive help in guiding me through
- The team handled what was an unusual completion with the deadline fast approaching with excellent professionalism and speedy communication, giving us reassurance on our property on completion
- The service we received from Janet Bossons was excellent, cannot fault anything, will definitely use mosshaselhurst again
We have nine members of the team who may work on your matter. Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Joanne Charles, Solicitor and Director and Head of Residential Property.
Joanne Charles – Solicitor, Director, Notary Public and Head of Residential Property
Joanne obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Bristol in 2000. In 2001 she received a commendation in her Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Chester College of Law, followed by a distinction in her Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice in 2002. In 2010 Joanne obtained her Post Graduate Diploma in Notarial Practice from the University of Cambridge.
Joanne qualified as a Solicitor in December 2004 and joined mosshaselhurst in July 2005. She became a partner in the firm in 2007. Joanne supervises the Residential Conveyancing Department and has been practising Property Law since 2002.
Rebecca Skelly – Solicitor and Operational Head of Residential Property
Rebecca obtained a First Class Honours degree in Law at the University of Manchester in 2010 and went on to obtain a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course in 2011. She qualified as a Solicitor in December 2014 and joined mosshaselhurst Solicitors in January 2015.
As Operational Head of the Residential Property Law Team, she is very experienced dealing with many aspects of Residential Conveyancing.
Pauline Pimblatt – Licensed Conveyancer
Pauline obtained her Licence to practice Property Law in 2015 from the Council of Licensed Conveyancers. She has been dealing with property matters since 2004 and brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the firm.
Janet Bossons – Conveyancing Executive
Janet has been dealing with residential property matters since 2000. She looks after the property team at our Winsford Office. Her years of experience have proved invaluable to our many returning clients.
Stephen Dearden – Commercial Property Executive
Stephen obtained his undergraduate degree in law at the then Liverpool Polytechnic (now Liverpool John Moores University) in 1978. He entered the legal profession in 1980 and has practised property law ever since.
He joined mosshaselhurst in August 2014 and handles Residential Property matters. He specialises in Commercial Property matters which includes (amongst other things):- Sales & Purchases of Commercial Property, Commercial Leases (acting for both Landlords and Tenants,) Lease Extensions, Planning Matters, Option Agreements, Overage Agreements and Development of Land. He is also a qualified Mediator.
Amy Furlong – Trainee Solicitor
Amy is a Trainee Solicitor based at our Northwich Office. She is due to qualify in September 2019. She graduated with a 2.1 from Staffordshire University Law School in 2013 and undertook the Legal Practice Couse at Manchester Metropolitan University in 2016 leaving with a distinction.
She joined mosshaselhurst in 2015 and works alongside Stephen in the Commercial Property Department and also handles Residential Property matters.
Barbara Allan – Residential Property Assistant
Barbara joined the Northwich Residential Property Team in May 2017. Barbara welcomes our new clients and provides detailed quotations tailored to their specific needs. She is always available to provide updates on matters and to answer any questions.
Jessica Beckett – Residential Property Assistant and Receptionist
Jessica joined the Winsford Residential Property Team in 2017. Jessica provides support to Janet and is a friendly face in our Winsford office to greet our clients and make them feel welcome.
Bethany Spruce – Commercial Assistant
Bethany joined the Commercial Property Team in August 2018 and provides invaluable support to Stephen and Amy and our numerous commercial clients.
mosshaselhurst Solicitors are specialists in property work, including:
- Freehold sales and purchases
- Leasehold sales and purchases
- New builds
- Shared ownership
- Right to Buy
- Help to Buy
- First registrations of property
- Park Homes
- Transfers of Equity