David is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and has been with the firm for over 35 years practising exclusively in family law.
During his time with the firm David has represented a diverse range of clients in relation to divorce and financial settlements and has acted for high net worth clients. He has also advised clients on a wide range of family law issues, including:
- Divorce and financial settlements, including advice in respect of spousal maintenance, pension sharing and business assets
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements and their enforceability upon separation and divorce
- Issues involving the arrangements for children, including advice in relation to applications for internal and international relocation
- Enforcing financial orders and orders for spousal maintenance, to include issues in relation to enforcement overseas.
- Variation of Spousal Maintenance Orders
- Applications on behalf of unmarried parents for financial provision under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- Property disputes between unmarried couples about their rights and entitlements
- Cohabitation Agreements and their enforceability
David adopts a sympathetic and pragmatic approach to advising clients without loosing focus on the financial realities affecting them. He has a flexible approach to appointments and will frequent accept meeting outside of normal office hours
In his spare time outside of work David enjoys spending time with his family, walking with his dogs, is a keen football fan and an occasional cyclist and angler.