Ray advises private and corporate clients as well as charities in their acquisition or disposal of property or land.
If you’re taking or granting a new lease or renewing an old lease, or if you’re looking to develop land, Ray will guide you through its acquisition to its division into plots for disposal so that you can create a new niche estate or development.
Overage or clawback agreements are particularly complex and Ray has a respected reputation in this area of property law.
- Commercial and residential property
- Leases for landlords and tenants
- Overage and clawback agreements
- Development of new small estates
- Disputes involving title to land, boundaries and covenants
- Private legal mortgages and guarantees
- Equitable interests in land including implied trusts
- Leases including lease renewals
Admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in January 2001, Ray began his legal career in 1995—
Law was not Ray's first career. He had previously served with the Royal Air Force in the UK and abroad. Prior to the end of his service career he became interested in law, so much so that parallel to his career it became a passion to teach law too – He lectured in property law and conveyancing practice at the Law Academy in Liverpool for around 13 years, which he found rewarding and immensely satisfying. He is just as passionate about his work too!
Outside of work he is a lifelong club cyclist and also enjoys going to the gym, yoga, and hiking across mountains. He loves poetry and good company wherever he may be.