The firm is strongly committed to operating in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and the appropriate sections of the SRA handbook(http://www.sra.org.uk/handbook/) regarding equality and non-discrimination.
Please note - Northwich Office has handrails on the front door and 2 steps. Unfortunately, due to the proximity of the building to a major road junction we are unable to fit a ramp. We are able to arrange home visits at no additional cost.
Access to Winsford Office is via a flight of stairs. Again, we are able to arrange home visits at no additional cost.
The firm will always consider making reasonable adjustments to benefit any disabled staff and clients who are at a substantial disadvantage as a result of their disability. When considering a reasonable adjustment we will take into account:
- Any information gathered about staff and client disabilities.
- How effective the reasonable adjustment would be at overcoming the person’s disability.
- How practical the reasonable adjustment is to make.
- The resources required to make the reasonable adjustment.
- The disruption to others that may be caused by the reasonable adjustment.
Examples of reasonable adjustments the firm may make are:
- Providing larger monitors for staff who have difficulties with eyesight.
- Where possible using ground floor meeting rooms and workstations for those who require them.
- Communicating with a client through a representative if requested and authorised by the client to do so.
- Allowing clients more time than usual to provide information and respond to communication, except where there is a statutory deadline that must be adhered to.
- Providing documents in large print or on coloured paper when requested.
- Visiting clients at home (free of charge if this is due to a disability).
- Allowing Guide Dogs to accompany clients where vision is impaired